Brittle




Handle with care, 
Don’t let me break
I’m brittle that way.

A single fall
Can shatter me all
So let me stand tall.

In a world of brass
I am but glass,
I got the shine but no mass.

In me you can form chinks 
And send me right to the brinks,
Get me tumbling till it all sinks.

What can I say? I’m brittle 
Since I was just very little 
I can’t take a plunge a tittle. 

You need to know I am fragile, 
Not like you, so agile. 
I can’t move swiftly with no guide. 

I am the river that stops at the rocks, 
Doesn’t flow through, can’t bear the costs;
The idea of pain sends me to shocks. 

At one time I had been more, 
I didn’t break, only scratches were shown
But that tolerance I no longer hold. 

I am brittle to your touch, 
To your arms I will clutch
But I break form when you scathe my trust.

I know the world’s not mine 
It’s of those who are brine 
Who pickle on their way to the shrine.

I sway but I know I’ll break.
What can I say? 
I am just brittle that way. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search