The tree's warning

Hello, people of the world.

So, its 2017 and I am sure while all of our lives have changed, there have been things in the world which should have changed and haven't.

One such important thing is the condition of the environment at the hands of us i.e. humans.

So, here is a poem I have written with the help of two of my college mates.

The poem is in the perspective of a tree and its condition through ages.

Here it goes,

I live in a rain forest
Which had been filled with greenery,
Before humans, that had once been modest,
Sliced my brethren for their gluttony.

They processed the wood of their trunks'
To make paper and benches in classrooms.
The instruments which provided chunks
Of wisdom to create of children, an intelligent platoon.

They use us like they used  us then,
To make progress with their race.
The difference however is felt
In how us, for themselves they efface.

Their once was a time wherein
Famous sages would rest under my foliage
And teach their pupils under my gracious branches
Teach them mutual respect for my lineage.

Specified my world's importance was
In human scriptures; They called my world nature,
Believed I was the first cause
And respected my stature.

But now the system of wrote learning
Has taught them to be self dependent,
Or so they think
For their children by nature's beauty are left resplendent.

Their minds are outside
Even when their physical presence
Is bur inside
For they are left curious about my world's essence.

Great teachers have been created through
What they call nature
And yet they doubt its value
With higher belief in the intellect they deem superior.

They have themselves witnessed
Nature's wrath
When Noah his famous arc created
To preserve their kind and others with success.

Yet after seeing the power,
They still doubt my reputation.
They have refused to cower
And set out to destroy my respectful station.

Little do they know their plight
As I can end the world as they see it
Because my power can set turmoil
And destroy existence that to them seems fit.

Comments

  1. Great
    Keep it up
    Very inspirational poem on environment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally, One conserve a things,which is materialistic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search