Pink Skies


That fine Saturday evening, the sun hid behind 
The clouds in the magnificent pink sky,
And it was the most amazing nature’s delight
I had witnessed in quite a while.

I remember you and me,
Holding hands and standing near the windowsill,
As I rested my head gently on your shoulders 
While we sipped coffee still.

Since that time I fell in love 
With pink skies during twilight.
And at that hour, everyday, I’d give you a call
As it caressed my face, the soft sunlight.

My eyes would await the blush tones
Everyday and every night. 
When they lingered on, they always felt like home 
For I felt at my safest and closest to your might.

A day came when I opened the windows with glee
Expecting pink skies but witnessing bloodshot instead. 
I couldn’t fathom and instantly quivered,
Called you up to feel a bit safe. 

But you didn’t pick up, kept leaving me on hold,
I hastily shut the blinds;
And I swear that moment the coffee tasted bitter, 
I just wanted the hour to rush by. 

Since the day I came to the windowsill
In the hopes of pink skies but,
They kept being red and the sun kept being cruel,
The worst pain however, was that you never picked up .

So then I stopped coming to the window,
I closed my blinds to pink skies and to you;
Sat myself down and let the tears flow free,
Hoping one day the scarlet would vanish through.

My sunsets have just been vermillion hues
You’ve ruined them for me since then;
And yet when I am nostalgic, I still peek through,
Believe you’d return prodigal, I’d see pink skies again. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Do subscribe if you wish to stay updated with the new blogs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Do subscribe and stay updated with the upcoming blogs.

      Delete
  3. Wow...
    It's simply superb...

    Very nicely you wrote the beauty of the feelings

    God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this review. Readers like you keep me going. Do subscribe to stay updated with new blogs

      Delete
  4. Wow amazing .thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking out the time and reading. Please do keep giving me such lovely feedbacks and do subscribe for future updates.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! Loved the metaphors. Cud actually visualise all shades and emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for being constant reader and honest critic for my work. Your review matters a lot ❤️

      Delete
  6. No escaping memories...... Mesmerized by your poetic abilities, Anushka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darling....You have exactly narrated the feelings in meaningful words... Amazing💕😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. Do keep reading and giving me such feedbacks ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mesmerizing...with so much emotions...loved it❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search