Solved Mystery


The dew drops have just fallen from the sky and it is somewhere between late night and early morning. I see her there and she is a constant. Always sitting on the same bench in the park. Just sitting there , lost in thoughts.

There have been lots that have known her. But I have known her inside out. For while people have known her achievements and some petty secrets, I know everything. I know her sins and her guilts. There is no secret she could ever keep from me.

So, I know about her , something that no one else knows . I know how she was humiliated and bullied all her life for she was the one who never raised her voice. I know how people left her when they found someone better. I saw her get crushed and thus I saw her drink her pain out that night.

The pain mixed with the vodka had become so heavy that it had taken a toll on her brain. The girl that had always kept her calm, now let her demons out and the demons were out of control. So , in her intoxication she killed one of her sinners, rubbed the evidence away and ran. She ran to the bench where she sits even now.

She shifted towns. From Amanda she became Amara and leads a new life there. People know her differently here. Her old existence is wiped away. But, every night her sins still haunt her and there is always me to remind her of whatever she did. She can't sleep.

I never leave her and I never can. She is still a mystery for the people of the town she left but for me she is all solved. How you ask? For I am the ghost of her past and I won't leave her alone till the day her name is written on a tombstone. 

Comments

  1. Simply superb..... Great great great going... All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words possessed me till the end. I hope i shall see more of your works in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! Hope to kelp pleasing 😊

      Delete
  3. Deep and super rhetoric... nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Anuskha
    Really worth

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🌷SUPERB Anushka🌷

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading it!!! Can see a lovely swing of words in your write up!!! Mystery captioned in a beautiful way!!!! Waiting for many such amazing write up!!!! You really gonna rock it!!!! ��Anushka!!!! We all proud to read your work!!!!!
    Sweta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. Mesmerising.. Thought i m reading some novel... Go for it gal... Plz vomplete this story in about 10000 words n i ll love it more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search