Circle of Judgments

First day of college,
Observant eyes looking my way.
It was to my knowledge
An impression of mine they would have made.

I was but eager for a companion
When a figure from faraway,
Her last name Manger,
Walked my way with polite grace.

"For this is your first day,
Let me introduce you some
I know" she said,
"For a year older to you I run".

I nodded and
Listened to my guide,
Half glad to befriend
Someone older to me and wise.

"That girl" she signalled
"Seems great,
But that doesn't configure
For her ever growing weight."

"He is bold
But through his shirt
You can see his bones"
She pointed at him a finger curt.

"They are fun to be around
But their lousy apparel
Depicts poverty profound."
Her words for a group singing carols.

"He looks like someone to follow
But on the inside
He is but hollow"
Of him she had heard from time to time.

"With her I have never conversed
She looks pretty, but about people
passes comments I heard"
She said with her hypocrisy here.

In my head I think
Had she looked herself through
She would have seen
She judges without a clue.

So I moved away with abandon
To the thin guy she did depreciate
His first words went ,"That Manger,
I heard she is badly reputed".


Comments

  1. Very nice 👏👏👏 Keep it up👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mast as always!..go girl 😙😙

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the knack, the talent to rhyme and write meaningful poems. Loved the essence. Keep it up! Sunita Jha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the knack, the talent to rhyme and write meaningful poems. Loved it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much aunty ..the encouragement you guys provide me with keeps me going 😊

      Delete
  5. Always love to read ur stuff... Keep going gal.. My wishes r wid u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Commendable job..... Very meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  7. A profound meaningful poem written with sensitivity...showing what our society has come to tdy. Keep it up girl. You rock

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search