The Presence



I’m in my safe place
Yet the dark silhouette 
Follows me everywhere,
Creeps into my head, 
Leaves me empty and gasping for air.
It holds my waist, 
Sways me back and forth;
I laugh even in the pain, 
Trying to ignore its presence,
But it won’t let go. 
It covers every part of me 
And clutches tight;
It reminds me of its existence 
Each time I breathe right. 
It screams in my ears 
The cacophony unbearable 
And yet I stand still 
Pretend to not listen.
My insides are burning,
Even as on the outside I rejoice,
While it sends trembles down my soul,
Tickles my fears 
In the worst way possible.
One thing I am puzzled by 
Is what you see.
Do you see the shadows lurking
Underneath the surface?
Or do you just see the obviousness
I put out for the world to witness?

Comments

  1. Superb written on the present situation, really getting fear,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well described...keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice One.... Playing with words......!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing journey our life. Dont know what next. Healthy becoming priority above all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written♥️ You know exactly how to portray such feelings with the perfect words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fear of unknown.....
    Anxieties....Anxiousness portrayed soo naturally....
    A fear each one of us going through low or high....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Anushka..... Got emotional with the level of sensitivity depicted..... Necessarily not feeling sad but feeling empty..... Great going Anushka..

    ReplyDelete
  9. well written & nicely expressed! keep up the creativity in you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well written ����

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely brilliant...relate with present unprecedented scenarios👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search