Familiar?


She told me she’d light the lamp,
But what she did was set a fire.
A smile on her face while she did no good;
A smile that made me believe she preached forever truth. 

For years I went on believing she was by my side;
For years the trickery was kept in disguise 
While she whispered sweet nothings in my ear
And made me believe to her I was dear. 

Known her for eternity I have,
I thought she was but my splitting image.
Up until the fall when I found out with me she didn’t belong;
Up until I realised she had been long gone.

The honey dipped words she said to me were
All bitter poison behind a loved up charade.
I fell for it all, every word she said;
I fell for it all, nothing gave it all away.

Now I am floating in a abyss where it’s all blurry;
Now I am floating in an abyss where my thoughts are a flurry
Filled with no trust for the ones I call my own,
Are they hiding behind laughter their betrayal?

Looking in those familiar eyes I still can’t see the pretence;
Looking in those familiar eyes she still makes me believe 
That she is a gospel with zero qualms.
I stare in them, pretending to own the farce. 

Whilst I sit in front of her my head spins;
Whilst I sit in front of her I muse still,
"Am I becoming her by putting up a curtain of ignorance,
Or am I already a part of that army where hypocrisy hails hence?" 

Comments

  1. This has been until now your best work. I could feel the pain, I could feel me in it. Keep going Anushka, you are great at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. Do subscribe and follow for more blog updates.

      Delete
  2. Very nice
    Everyone will find related to themselves
    Great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that feedback. Please subscribe and follow to keep updated with other posts

      Delete
  3. This will remain one of my favorites........so tragic, such farce friendships... The heart bleeds.......💔 Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you liked the poem. To stay updated regularly, please subscribe and follow the blog.

      Delete
  4. Very nyce Beta ANUSHKA, PROUD OF YOU MY GRANDDA,Keep it up.Wish you All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Please don’t forget to follow or subscribe for regular updates.

      Delete
  5. Your work is commendable. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Please do follow and subscribe for updates

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search