Move On?


Scars on my body could never have sufficed,
The torture you exerted on my mind.
I can still feel your hand caressing my hair 
While you said I should entirely change myself.
I can still feel my heartbeat rise 
Every time I think about our routine fights. 
Each day my heart still breaks 
When I think about your words filled of hate;
And every day I wish you would have still been
The one I had once met, the one I shared my heart with.
Wounds that you left on my soul, have stolen away my faith,
They've left me broken and bleeding in pain.
I wished to remember you with glee
But now your thoughts only remind me of me;
How you broke me down from inside,
How you never stood by my side.
I needed you , I admit 
And this admission breaks my heart to bits.
You said you loved me with our hands entwined
But such love I hope no one ever finds; 
And when I tell my story out loud 
They always ask me to move on.
But move on , how can I?
When my dreams still reek of that time.



Comments

  1. Great Anushka
    Expressed the pain very clear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written
    Really touching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrates. Very beautiful poem .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. The concoction of anger and pain is mixed well. The end is good with a twist. For its still holding on thr dream or lets say hurt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations......very...very ...nice....beautiful poem...heart touching and...feelings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search