Stuck in Limbo



Two islands sit
Divided by but a limbo stick,
And all my kith and kin pass through, 
Coming out on the other side, they succeed.

There I am in the queue,
“You’re the next in view”, they spew;
So, there I am bending down
Under the stick but never through . 

And I am now stuck in limbo 
Quite literally I vow ;
The ones behind me pass by 
Without giving me so much as a second dekko. 

One fine day while still being stuck 
I see another one by me but,
A stranger he be and I know not 
Whether to stay aloof or let him hold my trust. 

The stranger smiles up
Touches my hand thus.
Says one won’t pass without the other, 
I promise come out will none or the both of us .

But the next morn I wake,
To see the stranger has left unfazed.
Pushed forward in the cycle he was,
Left me behind, got himself through and safe.

Yet there I was still hung
While thousand strangers flung;
Stuck till they weren’t anymore, 
In the end to leave me, still lonely and wrung. 

Everytime there was a silver lining,
The clouds kept on it smiling; 
And I was stuck in limbo yet,
Giving up on freedom, just perpetually whining. 

One day as another stranger rang, 
The doorbell of my mind sang, 
“Will this be my healing? 
Or is this just a ball that will sooner or later wreck?” 

But while I waited, I realised the ache,
I am stuck in the limbo of heartbreak.
So, I can either await the many to come
Or get my soul to pass through, all by myself, no fate. 

Comments

  1. Great presentation of your emotions... Heart wrenching.... A poetess in the making for sure.. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search