Surrender


I walk into the field of roses
With a smile that never falters;
Thorns pierce my feet
Yet you’ll never see my face alter. 

As I walk deeper, 
I am surrounded by death eaters,
And they keep sucking at my soul now and then
But I don’t let them feed off my shine.

My glow keeps flickering
But it never completely disappears.
Then I notice I am walking on thin ice,
It cracks, but I tread along without fears. 

When, despite smiling through the suffering,
Into the ice cold water I keep sinking,
I realise I amn’t after all brave,
But afraid to face the pain.

So, for the first time in ages I let go
And let my emotions take control. 
I wave the white flag and I surrender to the ache,
Let the tears flow, all over my face. 

I wait for someone to pull me out,
Patiently embracing insecurities that sprout;
As I understand it’s okay to not be okay,
I feel I can finally breathe, maybe even float over after my time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search