The Fall


Yesterday I jumped in the well.

Did the grapevine get you the news? 

I saw unknown faces trying to help and drag me out,

But I swear I didn’t see you there.


I remember telling you I was hurt 

Expressing my plight inside the black hole that kept sucking me up, 

And you just kept mum, you left me to reel,

You didn’t seem to be concerned then, nor are you yet. 


I want to share with you my ocean of tears and happiness 

But all we can get to is two feet water, shallow and dense. 

And yet every-time I try confiding in you, 

You keep telling me you’re there without trying hence. 


You hold my hand and drag me to the deepest of forests

And I feel we’re stuck there but together;

However, you always seem to know the way out 

And I keep going deeper, stranded, searching and waiting your return.


With you my life is a time turner,

We’re stuck in an infinite loop of beginnings,

You apathy doesn’t let us reach the end,

And I wonder if you’re generally indifferent or this is directed towards my being.


And now I wonder if when I jumped you were around,

Or if you were the one who pushed me in there.

When I called out did you hear my screams?

Did you choose to turn a deaf ear still?


Each time I pose this question, you say I have no reason to complain,

You claim you’re there, only to later disappear. 

And we keep getting back to the start,

The loop continues, there’ll be no end till I cut off the strings attached. 

Comments

  1. Very beautiful written. Superb !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said...not convinced with the end though.....being hopeful is one thing and being foolish another.
    Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not foolish to cut off people who bring you down I believe. Thanks for the opinion though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search