Piece of Art


You see lumps of skin,
I see brilliant curves. 


You see bluish marks,

I see strokes of perfection. 


You see horrific scars,

I see experiences painted on 


You see bones and no flesh,

I see hard work and no rest.


You see fine lines that crinkle,

I see a beautifully aged masterpiece. 


You see a nest of bushy hair, 

I see black glitter of warmth and care.


You see me for my body,

I see myself as the sculpture I am.


You and me are both imperfect

And perfect we needn’t be nonetheless.


For all pieces of art are flawed,

Yet we adore them all. 


We love them for the truth they portray

Without putting them on weighing scales

 

So, if we can keep a canvas framed,

Why can’t we treat our bodies the same?


Comments

  1. Superb 👍 Really very nicely expressed 👍👍 Go on girl keep writing 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb and yes we should adore them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it again! Loved the outlook. Splu the line...i see a sculpture. And yes the last question sums it all. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent..
    Keep it up 👍🏼..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Combinations of Expressions Beta Anushka
    The way you imagine n put in to writing is amazing n marvelous indeed,Keep it up Beta ,All the best n Good ❤️ Luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because we care bloody society, who is hypocrite. They does things they don't enjoy. All at the stake of self satisfaction. Coz they want money and fame. Impress others.live upon social standards. standards set by beauty products. And gym bodies. Immitate others success. This is what I wish I could write. But mostly I delete this thoughts and go on like a nice one Anushka . Because ... But,who cares, let it be. Good going.👍🏻🕺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully portraid.....keep going

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful expression dear Anushka.keep the spirit always up.all the best. would definitely like to read more poems


    ReplyDelete
  9. Vouch by your lines.... Always believed in fitness rather than size zero. Appreciate it coming from a young girl, Anushka.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genevieve's Search