Poem: I dream

In this darkness,
I sit by the harness
And think about my life
Years away from this time.

There I am now,
Trying to row
My ways through the present
To reach my dream land, my heaven.

I dream that I will one day,
Shine as a pearl in the sun.
I will then reach there,
Where my glow no one can rust.

I dream that I will spread my voice,
And express my choice.
That day I will live on my own;
Fulfill all wishes so long I have borne.

I dream I will be so tall,
So tall, no one can make me fall.
Everyone will then have to raise their heads
Just to get my one glance.

I dream that I will reach places
No one else has ever reached,
Places where everyone is happy
And all can look up to me.

Lastly, I dream to never loose my power,
To dream and fill my life of colour;
To always have some desire
To look forward to all filled of fire.

                                        - Anushka Gupta

                                        

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piece of Art

Genevieve's Search